Entrepreneurship is great for so many reasons. From having more flexible work hours to being your own boss and everything in between, it’s no wonder more and more people are starting their own businesses, especially women.
Amina Makwana, a loving housewife is now a successful business woman. A thought and a need to be occupied after the daily chores, encouraged Amina to think about a small scale business engagement in a field of her liking. But running a business, no matter how big or how small, is not easy.
Amina learned much from her initial days of setting up her network of dealers who supply 3D and 4D bedsheets, which has now become her mainstay. Throughout her journey, Amina kept notes of her learnings. Here are some notable points she would like to share with other women who are looking for entrepreneurial opportunities in India.
1. Get social… media!! Social media presence is important to a business’s marketing strategy, be it Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter or even Pinterest, social media has proven to be a good conduit for effective business results, including sales leads, third-party endorsements and purchases.
“Quite simply, social media must be viewed as a forum for interacting with customers and conducting day-to-day business,” she adds.
2. Let your home life inspire you. “Regardless of whether they own a business, many women already hold the title of CEO … of the household,” she says. “Managing the needs of a household, including children, spouse, multiple schedules, school obligations, extracurricular activities, etc., is definitely akin to running a small business.”
Many women entrepreneurs have the responsibility of taking care of their homes and their kids, too, but instead of letting it stress them out, take inspiration from their home responsibilities.
3. Use your networks. Being a small business owner is stressful, so use your network to form a reliable support system.
“Joining industry groups is a good way to create a personal network of support,” she said.
4. Learn to delegate. As an entrepreneur, it is easy to take on all of the responsibilities required to run your business — though it’s not easy to manage them all.
“As a small business owner, it is important to flex to the demands of your work. This will help lighten your load and offset some of the work and concerns that keep you up at night.
5. Never stop searching. Do not rely only on your existing network and resources. Search for more people and more groups to expand your network.
“Knowing where to look for leads can make all the difference,” she said. In the end, she noted, it’s all about meeting people who will help you win new business or find prospective clients.
You can buy Amina’s products here.
Shown below are some of Amina’s products.