I run out of space to keep things, oh-so-often, at home. I see this with others also. Yet our family size is only 4. Why does this happen? Because somehow, we human beings, seem to have developed this amazing capacity to become clutter collectors. Why is it so difficult to get rid of clutter? How do we do it?
I like to get rid of things:
1. That don’t work
2. That annoy me
3. That I am keeping only because someone gave it
4. That make me feel good because I took a stupid decision of getting it by paying tons of money in the first place!
5. Like freebies.
So I like to ask myself these questions:
1. Do I really love this?
2. How does this item make my life better or easier?
3. Have I used it in the past year?
4. Will I really ever use this again?
If you get severe separation pangs, do a test. Put the things in a box and wait for a year. If you haven’t used them in a year, you don’t need it!
I hope you find these tips helpful.