To a lot many of us, the bathroom is like the emergency room in a hospital; especially in the mornings. We walk in like half dead, our fair looks like that of a zombie, we cannot walk straight or answer basic questions. Then we blast our half dead bodies with hot water, the men amongst us put a blade to our faces and some even put alcohol in our mouth.
Then we begin to feel better.
During this process of recovery, all hell breaks loose if we cannot find the right thing in the right place. We have heard so many stories of friends brushing their teeth with shaving cream, and washing hair with mouthwash. So, accessories design in a bathroom can often mean the difference between life and death. Often, when we design a house, we tend to overlook this aspect.
Here are 5 must-dos:
1. Make a list of what accessories must go into the bathroom.
2. Write down the sequence of using such accessories once inside the bathroom. What comes after what?
3. Write down the position inside the bathroom where each accessory needs to be.
4. Now design storages/spaces for each of the accessories
5. Lastly, keep space for some unplanned accessories; you never know what you pick up from your next stay in a hotel!